Mission statement: Create opportunities – cross borders
“The BNP Paribas Stiftung helps to ensure that origin, personal biography or impairments do not play a role in the development of young people. All children and young people should be able to develop in the best possible way.”
Chairwoman of the Foundation Council
The BNP Paribas Group’s foundation in Germany was founded in 2015. It supports educational, environmental, art and culture projects throughout the country. In doing so, it specifically supports children and young people who have to overcome hurdles and barriers in their own personal biography, for example as a result of social disadvantage, disability or a migration or refugee background.
As a foundation of a globally active banking group, the BNP Paribas Stiftung promotes the guiding principle of international dialogue. The projects that it supports bring young people with different backgrounds and origins together – thus contributing to intercultural understanding and solidarity. All children and young people should be given equal opportunities to discover their own strengths and talents to be able to develop and evolve in the best possible way.
Funded organisations (examples):
- Stiftung Lesen: Promotion of reading motivation and skills as a basis for a successful and self-determined life
- NestWerk e.V.: Discovery of creative approaches to music for disadvantaged youths
- Joblinge: Qualification of disadvantaged young people for professional training and a job
- nestwaerme e.V.: support of families with handicapped or ill children to better deal with their everyday challenges
- VITA e.V. Assistenzhunde: Follow-up trainings for handicapped children and their assistant dogs
More details about the BNP Paribas Stiftung in Germany are available on the German page.
Homepage of the international BNP Paribas Foundation (external Link).