BNP Paribas details and strengthens its energy transition ambitions
May 11, 2023
- BNP Paribas is providing more detail on its plans to withdraw from oil and gas exploration and production activities, following its announcement to strengthen its commitments on January 24th, 2023.
- BNP Paribas will no longer provide any financing dedicated to the development of new oil and gas fields regardless of the financing methods.
- Beyond the energy sector, BNP Paribas continues to align its loan portfolio with a net zero emissions trajectory. and is setting new decarbonisation targets for the steel, cement and aluminium sectors, as presented in its 2023 Climate Report.
- BNP Paribas confirms that it remains on track with the trajectories announced in 2022 for the power generation, oil and gas, and the automotive sectors.
- Since 2022 (including 2023 year-to-date), BNP Paribas has ranked n°1 in global green bonds issuance.
BNP Paribas 2022 Climate report (published in 2023)
pdf – 3 MB
BNP Paribas Deutschland
60325 Frankfurt am Main
+49 (0) 69 7193 1763