BNP Paribas Lease Group and Bank J.Van Breda & C° have signed an agreement whereby BNP Paribas Lease Group (BPLG) is to acquire Leasing J.Van Breda & C°, a Belgian company specialized in small ticket vendor leases. The transfer of shares is scheduled for mid-October 2005.
The two parties also agreed to form a partnership in which J.Van Breda & C° will call on BNP Paribas Lease Group (BPLG) to respond to its own customers’ requests for leasing arrangements to finance the acquisition of capital goods.
Leasing J.Van Breda & C° is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank J.Van Breda & C°, and specializes in small ticket vendor leases. It offers leasing solutions that can be accessed on the Internet to vendors of IT, telecoms and office equipment and medical apparatus. Leasing J.Van Breda & C° is leader on this segment of the Belgian market with a 22% market share. The company manages a portfolio of Euro 233 million for 28,000 contracts.
The decision to sell Leasing J.Van Breda & C° is in line with Bank J.Van Breda & C°’s strategy, which aims to anchor J.Van Breda & C° in an international group with prospects for the future for both its customers and employees. Bank J.Van Breda & C° and its subsidiary Van Breda Car Finance are not party to the agreement. They will remain active as a bank specialized in working with entrepreneurs and the professions, and as a credit company.
The acquisition of Leasing J.Van Breda & C° is an integral part of BNP Paribas Lease Group’s external growth strategy, and follows last year’s acquisition of Leaseco in the Netherlands. BPLG is reinforcing its presence in Belgium, where it has been established since 1991.
The operation confirms BNP Paribas Lease Group (BPLG) in its position as European leader on the leasing market for technological equipment and on the overall leasing finance market. BPLG manages outstandings of nearly Euro 16 billion.
Bank J. Van Breda & C° – Background banksb
Bank J.Van Breda & C°, is with its sister bank, Bank Delen, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Finaxis, of which Ackermans & van Haaren, as leading shareholder, holds 75% of the shares. The Jacques Delen family holds the remaining 25% via the Promofi company.
BNP Paribas Lease Group (BPLG) – Background
BNP Paribas Lease Group is a BNP Paribas subsidiary specialized in financing the investments of companies and professionals. BNP Paribas Lease Group has been in the business for over 50 years and is the French and European market leader. It offers its customers – capital goods manufacturers, importers and vendors – a comprehensive service to finance their sales. With them, it develops local, national or international partnerships that range from simple advisory agreements to setting up joint financial companies.
BNP Paribas Lease Group also handles the business volume and management of financing capital goods and property for BNP Paribas customers.
BNP Paribas Lease Group is established in 11 European countries: Austria, Belgium, France Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
For further information: www.bplg.com
Plantin & Moretuslei 295, 2140 Antwerpen
Tél. 03/217.52.02, GSM 0476/330.630, Fax. 03/271.10.94
E-mail : Luk.Lammens@bankvanbreda.be
Communications and Quality Director
Tél : +33 (0)1 41 97 34 49
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org